Monday, December 10, 2007

Mon, 12/10 - Snatch Day

For those of you who have been following along, last Monday was a breakthrough day for me in terms of Snatches. It was the first day that I really felt comfortable and was able to Snatch for decent volume with the 24kg. All week I continued to train and prepare for this morning's session. Was last week just a fluke? Could I comfortably repeat last week's numbers?

Well I am happy to say that last week was not a fluke and this week saw an improvement over last (with some minor adjustments to my routine). So here goes...

Warmed up with the usual sequence of movement, only reduced the number of Swings a bit from the usual amount.

2-Hand Swings: 16kg - 30, 24kg - 10
Halos: 16kg - 5/5
Figure 8 to Hold - 5/5

Then moved right on to the main feature...

Snatches: 16kg - 5/5
24 kg - 5/5 x 7 sets

Amazing. I don't think I overdid it either. I'll see how I feel during the day today. I'm trying to incrementally increase my volume without feeling any harsh after effects. I guess my sessions are working. Sweet!

2 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

Dude, if you can do 5/5 for many sets, you can slowly increase to 10/10 without worry. Just bump it up incrementally and take some time off when you need it.

Howie B said...

Exactly. I'm goign to let the number of sets creep up slowly now. Back off for a week or so when I feel like I'm starting to get stretched too thin. Then start over including some longer rep sets. By then, Santa should have brought me a 32kg bell to start swinging as well which should help make this 24kg feel light.