Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thurs, 12/13

Today is a (relatively) easy day for me. I was going to say I didn't touch a single kettlebell, but that's not true since I used one to support one arm while working on one-arm pushups. They have infiltrated every aspect of my life!!

Anyhoo, today was somewhat short and quick...

Standing Ab Wheel Rollouts - 5, 5, 3, 3, 1

These are definitely getting tougher now as I'm almost fully stretched out at the bottom position.

Assisted 1-Arm Pushups - 5/5 for 2 sets

Used the 24kg kb to keep the non-working arm raised out to the side while concentrating on my form with the working arm.

Finished off with some Z-Health: Lengthening, Pelvis, Lumbar, Thoracic, Neck & Shoulders (in that order). I guess it's time to watch some more of the DVD and add another body segment...

2 comments:

Lauren Brooks said...

NIce going on the one arm push ups. I am thinking more and more of getting serious about doing those! How are you hanging leg raises coming along? Is that helping you with the ab wheel roll out?

Howie B said...

I figured I should do at least one exercise that'll directly work my chest. HLR's are on hold for now. The chinning bar I have here at home is not so good for them. The ab wheels are the only thing I'm doing these days directly for abs. But I do notice that keeping the reps down like I am, I still feel the strength developing without the shredded soreness you can get from doing higher reps. Also because I'm working them from standing position I feel it in places along pelvis/thigh connection.