Friday, July 24, 2009

The Friday Climb

I've been feeling pretty good after this stream of steady training. After yesterday's session, I wanted to continue to push a little more on one of the two lifts. This morning I decided to keep focused on my jerks since they are still lagging behind my snatches, at least from a ranking point of view. So that's what I did...

Jerk: 2 x 16kg - 7 minutes @ 6 rpm

Snatch 16kg - 6 minutes @ 14 rpm

Rope: 3 rounds of 2 min on / 2 min off

In this short time I'm starting to understand why you need to train almost daily. Without it, its difficult getting to that 'comfort' level with the lifts, where they become not so daunting. Just last week I was dreading even attempting a 7 min set of jerks (even with these lemons), but it's gotten where I can see it and achieve it, even though it is not easy.

No comments: