Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Refinements

I'm starting this week off incorporating two refinements to my technique, (1) to rotate my hands outward from the rack on my jerks, trying to touch my thumbs, and (2) to improve the trajectory of my snatches.

So of course, I've been watching some of Valery's videos leading up to today's session. Jerk refinement is a much more obvious "macro" adjustment. Improving my snatch trajectory is a bit trickier, so I asked a friend and fellow kb lifter to watch my set and give me feedback while lifting. Here's today's session...

Jerk: 2 x 16kg - 5 minutes @ 6 rpm

Snatch: 16kg - 8 minutes @ 12 rpm

Rotating my hands during the jerks wasn't difficult in itself, except for the fact that my hands were cramping up pretty good at the 5 minute mark.

For snatches, I slowed the pace a bit so as to get some feedback during the set. I think I have fixed it somewhat, particularly on my right side. This is something I'm going to have to concentrate on each and every session.

That's it and that's all!

No comments: