Wednesday, July 15, 2009

how.e.b Snatching the Lemons

How do you like my new stage name?

how.e.b

I thought it had a nice ring to it.


Anyway, today was Day 1 of starting work with the 16kg bells again. Or as I like to call them, "The Lemons". Here's today's session...


Snatch: 16kg - 6 minutes @ 14 rpm

One Arm Jerk: 24kg - 12L/12R


I am now trying to be very conscious of my Snatch technique in trying to make it feel like a Jerk. It's all about timing the hip pop and getting that bell to float up over your head.

Today's session felt good. I was on the verge of getting winded but my breathing held strong. All in all a good session!

2 comments:

hunashaman said...

Good work mr. How.e.b! I'm so glad to see you back in action. You are moving ahead rapidly and leaving me in the dust. I'm thinking of picking up the bells again after a bit of a lay-off. I.t.o. you snatch technique; are you using the knee dip method these days?

Howie B said...

Come on Johan, this is still light work! hahahaha

Actually I give credit to the solid base I had built up before my layoff. And luckily the layoff wasn't too long.

As for the snatches, no knee dip. More of a hip 'pop'. Imagine trying to make the bell float to the top overhead using the hips to pop it up once the bell reaches about waist level. I think this is how it's supposed to work....