Wednesday, July 1, 2009

60 Years of Pain

Ever since I was a kid, I've had this innate feeling that I was going to live to be 100 years old. It's stuck with me my whole life. I don't know where it came from, but it's always been with me.

Only time will tell if I make it to 100, but if I do, that means I'll be living and dealing with this pain in my back for 60 more years. With that said, I am tired of talking about this back ache. It can be sharp when I'm twisting but is mostly an annoying ache. I've spent a lot of time, money, and energy focusing on trying to alleviate it over the last year. Given the final conclusion that it might never go away, it's now time to cast it aside and focus on other things. I will NOT be mentioning it any longer in my posts. The next time it comes up will be when I announce it's disappearance.

Today I started my return to training. I went easy. I'll be ramping back up slowly over the coming weeks. August 7th is my wife's expected due date of when our little girl should be joining us. There's no telling right now how that will affect my training. Nonetheless, it's "go time"!

Here's today's session...


One-Arm Jerk: 12k - 6 minutes @ 16 rpm

Snatch: 12kg - 6 minutes @ 16 rpm


Cooldown with some yoga. That's it for today.

No comments: