Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cleans, Jerks, and Clean & Jerks

Late workout for me today. But you know what they say, better late than not at all!

Continuing along with my current training plan, today consisted of the following...

1-Arm Clean: 12kg - L90sec/R90sec (24/24)
Rest
1-Arm Jerk: 12kg - L90sec/R90sec (24/24)
Rest
1-Arm Long Cycle: 12kg - L90sec/R90sec (15/15)
Rest
1-Arm Clean: 12kg - L90sec/R90sec (24/24)
Rest
1-Arm Jerk: 12kg - L90sec/R90sec (24/24)
Rest
1-Arm Long Cycle: 12kg - L90sec/R90sec (15/15)
Rest


The Jerks were definitely fatiguing me toward the end of their second set. Funny how during the Long Cycle that follows I find the downswing of the Clean to be somewhat relaxing. I definitely like the way it opens up and stretches the lower back out during these. Wow, I never imagined I'd be saying that. Cool!

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

just my opinion Howie, but if you are in traiing for the RKC dropp all the GS style stuff and train Hardstyle- one of my students at the san jose cert, a word champion powerlifter FAILED the course, not on the snatch but on technique.Turned out he was cocky and hadnt been training HS and HAD been training GS style prior tot his cert. totally messed him up. they are NOT the same.
jmo

rif

Howie B said...

Hey Rif, thanks for the advice. I agree, the two are NOT the same. It looks like I won't be going RKC anytime this year. I hear there's a possibility of a cert coming to the East Coast early in '09. If that's the case I'll be ready. I'm now signed up to attend Steve Cotter's cert here in NY in August. Between now and then I'm going to concentrate on the AKC method. I'm very interested to see what Steve is going to present since his background is mixed. For now, it's all good. I'm enjoying it, having fun and improving one way or another.