Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Scott Sonnon's RESET DVD

I was able to watch Scott Sonnon's RESET DVD over the weekend.

Very interesting stuff. It's all about learning how to relax your body while performing a specific breathing technique to reduce your heart rate during periods of rest. This will then allow a person to either perform their next set or interval or round with a greater cardiovascular reservoir than they might have otherwise.

The techniques themselves are relatively simple. I am finding that it is more difficult to couple the techniques together effectively, but as Scott states it takes practice.

Therefore I have now started practicing these techniques in between my kettlebell sets while I am resting. Of course, as I progress through my Fitness Protocol, my rest periods shrink, which will cause me to modify which techniques I will use and for how long. So this will be my experiment for a little while. According to Scott, practicing this method for 2-4 months will allow it to become hard wired into your system, so that we can use it almost without thinking. This is only Week 1 for me, so I have a ways to go.

I'll keep everyone posted on how things progress.

No comments: