Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Little Heavier

Decided to start incorporating one heavy (heavier) day into my current training program. And since I'm now shooting for a Mon-Fri schedule, today was the day for it.

Nothing too dramatic, but I hope to add some more volume and weight as the weeks progress. Here's what it looked like...

Warmed up with some Z-Health Lengthening, Foot & Knee (I am going to try to start incorporating this more frequently into my program, so for now will be focusing on smaller areas at first)

Jerk: 16kg - 2 minutes @ 12 reps per min (12L/12R)
24kg - 2 minutes @ 6 reps per min (6L/6R)
24kg - 2 minutes @ 8 reps per min (8L/8R)

Squat: 2x16kg - 10 reps x 2 sets

Swing: 16kg - 15L/15R

That's it and that's all. Swing 'em high y'all!

4 comments:

hunashaman said...

Great work Howie! What did this work feel like with the 24's?

Howie Brewer said...

Funny, the 24's didn't feel too bad at the time. My wind held up very well. Although I can definitely feel it all around the rib cage now. A good tightness!

Franklin B Herman, RKC said...

Very nice Howie! It looks like there was a decent carry over from the 12kg Fitness work to the heavier bells.

Howie Brewer said...

Thanks Franklin. They do carry over nicely in terms of technique and wind. I did definitely feel it muscularly though! Exactly why I will be including this once per week.