Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday Morning Practice

Some people like to wake up on Sunday morning's and read the newspaper. I like to wake up and swing my kettlebells.

A new note on my training schedule. After last week's sessions where I worked Monday through Friday and then proceeded to rest over the weekend, I learned that two days off in a row is too much for me (unless I REALLY need it). After the two day layoff, I didn't feel as sharp as I'd hoped so I am now going to continue with my now 5-day per week schedule but break up the rest days.

This is the new plan:
Sun/Mon - Workout
Tue - Rest (with Z-Health Full Body Training Session)
Wed/Thu/Fri - Workout
Sat - Rest (with Z-Health Full Body Training Session)

We'll see how this works this week.

During this morning's session, I noticed two things: (1) The forearm pain I am still feeling on my left side, which I have been dealing with since January, is aggravated by over pronation of my hand at the bottom of the downswing when I Snatch. I was able to adjust that today and felt the discomfort disappear. (2) I think my hand position within the bell during the rack position is improving. It just seems to be settling in as I direct my focus on my overall hand position as I prepare for the Jerk. Nice!

So this was today's session:

Jerk: 12kg - 3 min (24L/24R)

Snatch: 12kg - 3 min (24L/24R)

Long Cycle (Jerk): 12kg - 3 min (15L/15R)

Jerk: 12kg - 3 min (24L/24R)

Snatch: 12kg - 3 min (24L/24R)

Long Cycle (Jerk): 12kg - 3 min (15L/15R)

Total work time today was 18 min. Total rest was 6 min. Second time through the circuit was tough going. I had to push myself to stay on time and grit through. And I got it done! Git 'er done!!

2 comments:

Take One Stripper Pole said...

You are just kicking ass in every direction aren't you! I need to learn more about the Z-Health stuff.

Howie B said...

Hey TOSP! You owe me an email, don't you? Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with reading others blogs as I used to. Been so busy lately. I'll be sure to catch up on yours. How's the RKC prep coming along?