Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Short & Sweet

Man, oh man... yesterday's session sure made an impression on me. I was feeling it all day and come evening, I was in bed early. Moving a bit slower than usual today, I did drag myself out of bed and squeezed in a short session. Here it is...

Warmup: Z-Health Lengthening, Ankles & Knees, Swing: 12kg - 10/10

Clean: 12kg - 3 minutes (24L/24R)

Half Snatch: 12kg - 3 minutes (15L/15R)

Long Cycle Push Press: 12kg - 3 minutes (15L/15R)

Only went through the circuit once with only a minute rest in between.

Finished off with a few stretches.

Nice and quick, now I'm off to work!

4 comments:

hunashaman said...

Nice work Howie. I'm amazed at your ability to get yourself out of bed in time for training every morning, especially after yesterday. I only ever train after work - I think I might kill myself while trying to train half asleep.

Franz Snideman said...

Quick workouts are often much better than long high volume workouts. In fact, I always feel better with short blasts rather than long high volume training sessions!

Franklin said...

Its clear you've found a training groove thats working well for you.

And I'm with you Franz. Since reworking my training to shorter sessions I also have more energy and my results have improved considerably. If I feel the need for more volume I will do another short session later in the day if its not too late.

Howie B said...

I agree Franz. I'm now on the verge of hitting 5 consecutive days of training. And at the same time have decreased my rest times this week.

I may do just that tomorrow Franklin, pull a double. My own workout in the morning and then may be heading to a park after work with some coworkers to run them through a workout. Split training!