Monday, November 10, 2008

Intu-Flow and some Yoga

Yesterday turned out to be a "do-nothing" day.  I am happy to say that the only effects from the long Jerk set was some muscle soreness and no increased back pain.  I felt it mostly in my upper back muscles with a bit in the delts as well.  It was a nice soreness.

This morning was my first run through Intu-Flow Intermediate without the aid of the DVD.  I also worked through a selection of the Kettlebell Foundation Compensatory movements.  I worked each posture slower than you would if you were using it strictly as a cool down from your kettlebell work, as I can see they do overlap many of the Prasara Yoga flow postures, and that is a short-term goal.  I do notice that I need to keep some of the twisting postures shallower still, as even just a bit of over-exertion causes a bit of a flare up in the back.  I need to remember to slowly shave off the tightness and tension and not be that 20-year old that can throw themselves into extreme movements, feel beaten up and still wake up the next morning for more.

That's it for today.  Tomorrow, we Snatch!

No comments: