Saturday, November 22, 2008

Some Saturday Snatches

With a bit of an ache in my back today, not sure what instigated it since yesterday was an off day, I was itching to work another set of snatches in this week.

I had been debating with myself on how to proceed after the last session.  I could either keep my pace of 12 rpm and increase the time to 8 minutes, or stick with a 6 minute set and up my pace a bit.

After much thought and deliberation and given that my back wasn't feeling as good as it should, I decided to keep the set length constant and increase my pace.  Of course, after my set I was feeling my oats and decided to finish off with a heavier set of one arm jerks.

This is what it looked like...

Swing:  12kg - 10/10;  16kg - 10/10;  20kg - 5/5

Snatch:  12kg - 6 minutes @ 14 rpm - total of 84 reps

One Arm Jerk:  16kg - 2 minutes @ 16 rpm - total of 32 reps

I then cooled down with a selection of Kettlebell Foundation Compensatory Movements.  And tomorrow I rest.

No comments: