Thursday, November 13, 2008

Recovery Day

I am pleasantly surprised this morning to find that I am in not too bad shape today.  After yesterday's session with the 12kg, I started to feel the impact within a few hours.  It had been quite a while since I've swung the 12kg around and my body immediately noticed the difference from the 8kg.  But this morning, only slight muscular soreness but nothing pronounced.  I was particularly worried since I demonstrated the Hot Potato yesterday and thought for sure the twisting motion would aggravate my back.  I did try to keep the range of motion limited on the right side.  Maybe this is something I should actually started doing more!?!?  If I can start to strengthen that motion without entering the "pain zone", perhaps it will help accelerate my recovery?

As for this morning, I kept it light - Intu-Flow Beginner Program coupled with a hip flexor lunge stretch and some foam rolling on the hips, quads and back.

Everything is feeling pretty good right now, let's hope it stays that way.  We have another kettlebell class scheduled for tomorrow at lunchtime.  I think Turkish Getups are on the menu.  Swing 'em high y'all!!

No comments: