Friday, April 11, 2008

If It's Friday, It's Brett Jones Workout #1 Day

Here we are, Friday again. Time sure flies when you're logging in kettlebell sessions.

Today I was scheduled for BJ#1, so to mix things up I choose to perform it with two 12kg bells (mostly). And it went a little something like this...

Swings: 2x 12kg - 15
Clean & Press: 2x 12kg - 8
Swings: 2x 12kg - 15
Clean & Front Squat: 2x 12kg - 8
Swings: 2x 12kg - 15
Getup: 24kg - 3/3
Swings: 2x 12kg - 15
Snatch: 12kg - 8/8
Swings: 2x 12kg - 15

Ran through that once then moved on to the following:

Fighter Pushups: 10, 10, 10
Snatch:
16kg - 5/5, 5/5
20kg - 4/4
24kg - 3/3
Double Overhead Hold with 12kg

Thanks to Rif, I watched Mark Toomey perform his Snatches on his video clip (below) and thought to myself, "I don't think I look like that when I Snatch." He has a very smooth, integrated look when viewed from the side.



He talks about initiating your Snatches at the hips. I think I have been initiating my movement either at the shoulder or at the elbow. So that was my focus today. And I really felt uncoordinated! But I'll keep at it and hopefully get to the point where I won't have to think so hard about it, but just let my body do it.

That's it for today. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me, so I'm not sure what my workout will look like, if at all. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! TGIF!!

No comments: