Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Snatch Practice

Today was all about practicing my Snatches. My forearms have been a bit sore after Sunday's 3rd-day-in-a-row Brett Jones RKC Prep Workout, but I'm doing what I can to keep making progress while at the same time keeping healthy.

So today, I started off light, then increased the weight, while reducing the volume, to see how well I can handle bumping up in the coming sessions. Here's what it looked like...

1-Hand Swing: 16kg - 10/10/10/10

Snatch with Pause at the Top:
16kg - 15/15
20kg - 7/7
24kg - 3/3
12kg - 15/15

Shoulders felt good doing these. Breathing was good. Forearms a bit tired. I gave them a good stretch immediately after and will continue throughout the day. Maybe a bit of ice too. Hopefully, they will feel ok tomorrow for a little more. If they feel ok, I will increase the volume with the 20kg a bit. If they hold up, I can easily see making the RKC Snatch numbers using this method. I'd like to be able to go back to timed sets, but not just yet, moving quickly definitely puts more of a strain on my forearms that the paused sets.

That's it for today. More tomorrow.

No comments: