Thursday, April 24, 2008

Swings & Squats

Good session this morning, even though it was tough getting out of bed. I had to bargain with myself... "If you get up now and get this session in, then we can sleep a bit later tomorrow, take tomorrow as a rest day, and then we'll be strong for a weekend workout (or two)."

And so I did. Very basic alternating sets today, mostly between Swings and Squats. This is what it looked like...

2-Hand Swings: 32kg - 20
Overhead Squat: 24kg - 3/3
2-Hand Swings: 32kg - 25
2-Hand Swings: 32kg - 20
Clean: 32kg - 1/1 (would have done more but my hands argued and won)
Overhead Squat: 24kg - 4/4
2-Hand Swings: 32kg - 25
Overhead Hold: 32kg - R/L (didn't time this, just held it for comfort)
2-Hand Swings: 32kg - 25
Double Overhead Hold: 2x16kg
2-Hand Swings: 32kg - 20

Total Swings with the 32kg in this session, 135. I think this is a PR.

That's it for today! Swing 'em high y'all!!

2 comments:

Franklin said...

A very solid training session, keep up the good work with the 2-pooder.

Howie B said...

Thanks Franklin. I want to keep my session simple, but difficult. And I am developing a newfound respect for the 2-pooder!