Monday, October 8, 2007

ETK - Start of Week 2

Good morning. Welcome back to the week. After a nice weekend and a tough Sat Heavy Day, it's time to restart the clock and start winding things back up again.

This is the start of Week 2 for me on the Enter the Kettlebell Program. That means this week I add an additional rung to my Clean & Press Ladders. All else stays the same. I'm still rolling the dice to set my Snatch/Swing durations. Last week was not so nice to me, giving me a 9, 10, and 11 for each of my days. Let's see how random this week looks.

Warmup - the usual 8kg and 16kg for some 2SW and Halos. Since I'm essentially rolling out of bed each morning into my workout room, I find the 8kg are a nice way to wake my body up and prepares me to start moving.

Superset of Clean & Press with Bodyweight Pullups (3 ladders, 2 rungs each)...

16kg C&P - 1/2, 1/2, 1/2
16kg BW Pullups - 1/2, 1/2, 1/2

Then it was on to Snatches. I picked up my dice, shook them in my hand violently, and... you know, I've been going through something of an internal debate lastely with this whole dice thing. Part of me says to wait until it's time to swing or snatch before rolling, make it spontaneous, and another part of me thinks that maybe I should do all my rolls for the week at once so that I can mentally prepare myself before each workout. So far, Spontaneous 1, Planned 0. Maybe because I am the type of person that likes to plan everything out, I'm letting the 'crazy' part of me take over here. Whatever. Anyway, so I'm shaking up the dice, cock back my arm, and let them fly..... a 9!!! (this is starting to look like a repeat of last week!)

16kg SN - 9 min
10/10
10/10
5/5
5/5
5/5
5/5

80 swings in total, 2816 lbs, 313 lbs/min

That was it for today. Now it's time to get ready for work. Hey, isn't today a holiday?!?!!

1 comment:

Kettlebell Lady said...

My husband does that dice thing as well. I prefer to plan each set before, then seeing if I need to adjust or push past what I thought I could do. It IS a holiday - don't feel bad, I had to work today also.