Saturday, October 27, 2007

Rainy Saturday

A lot of rain has been falling here in the last two days. So it makes it a lot easier to play with kettlebells in the house. Today was a hybrid workout, something a little different. This still being my off week I'm doing some experimenting to come up with a good program for myself. So today I tried out some pyramiding for my swings.

Workout looked like this...

Warmup of supersets consisting 2-Hand Swings and Halos, first with 8kg, then 16kg, then 24 kg.
(I don't count the reps for these, but do just enough to get my warmed up and loose.)

16kg Turkish GetUp - 5/5
Rather than perform for time, I opted for 5 reps on each side, alternating sides for each rep.

16kg 1-Hand Swings:
10/10
12/12
14/14
12/12
10/10

24kg 1-Hand Swings:
5/5
5/5
5/5

Total volume: 5667 lbs

This felt pretty good. I think I might prefer this type of routine to the timed kind. I think maybe I'll cycle through each kind every few weeks. Also might change the Clean & Presses come next week, to perform more straight sets rather than pyramids (until I start using the 24kg).

Also started reading through and watching the Z-Health R-Phase manual and dvd. There's a lot of info in there to take in, although it seems rather easy, I find it very difficult to perform the "Egyptian". I'm sure there will be other movements that won't come too easy as well. I'm thinking that maybe next week I will start a Mon-Wed-Fri KB routine, introducing Z-Health full body work on Tues-Thurs(-maybe some Saturdays as well).

I am finding it more difficult to get my Saturday workouts in as the weekends are the only days I have at home to get anything done. And I'd feel awfully guilty if I missed a scheduled workout.

That's all for today. Catch you on Monday!

1 comment:

Aaron Friday said...

When you're learning the Z, go WAY slower than the pace shown on the DVD, and focus all of your feeling/attention on the points shown in the manual. It's got to be really precise and really relaxed, staying tall the whole time. These points helped me.

It's easy to do the movements without hitting the right points.