Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hot, Hot Saturday

Here we are, the first weekend of October and what do you know... it's 88 degrees outside! So much for autumn weather. We had a big day planned, so I made sure I got my Heavy Day workout in early.


Warmed up with 8kg doing some 2-hand swings and halos. Then same with the 16kg. Just enough to get me warm and loose, but not enough to keep count.


Then began with Clean & Presses with the 16kg. Three ladders, three rungs each.

16kg C&P - 1/1, 2/2, 3/3
- 1/1, 2/2, 3/3
- 1/1, 2/2, 3/3


Then is was time for Swings. I'm using the dice method to set my swing durations. On my Light day this week, I rolled a 9. On my Moderate day, a 10. I was certainly due for a short, but heavy workout. Come on, baby needs a new pair of shoes.... an 11!! So, trying to keep up the intensity, I only rested enough in between sets to catch my breath. This is what it looked like:


16kg 1SW - 11 min
15/15
10/10
10/10
10/10
10/10
5/5/5/5
5/5/5/5
5/5

180 swings in total, for 6336 lbs, or 576 lbs per min.

Then finished up with two sets of BW Pullups: 8, 5



Following the today's workout it was the day to attend the annual Matterhorn October Funfest.




Well let me tell you, 3 hours in the 88-degree sun is exhausting! It was way too hot to enjoy things.





They had a children's band playing (not bad), a tasting of NY wines (so, so), hayrides (too hot), face painting, pumpkin painting, popcorn and other activities for the kids. My nephew and sister-in-law came with us. Nephew is 4 years old, so he had a good time. The rest of us, not so much.





Here's one of me and my little guy Anthony.











I just hope that tomorrow cools down for us. Catch you after the weekend. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kettlebell Lady said...

I know what you mean...It was hella hot for October! So much for change of seasons!

Lauren Brooks said...

Crazy that it's hotter over where you are than it is in San Diego. Your son is soooo cute!

Franz Snideman said...

rock on man! I love the pics, thanks for sharing.

I can't believe how hot it is there..yikes! More hot than San Deigo, who would have guessed that!