Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Z-Health for Breakfast

You know the Rice Crispies commercial right? Snap, Crackle, Pop? Well that's what my neck sounded like this morning as I worked through the neck portion of Z-Health R-Phase.

Today is technically my "day off", but that just means I go easy but still try to keep things moving. Surprisingly my biceps feel a bit sore today, maybe from yesterday's pullups. I almost feel like I've been curling. Anyway, to keep moving today this is what I did...

Practice Standing Ab Wheel Rollouts - an uncounted number of reps where I started first standing maybe two feet away from a 45lb olympic plate, rolled out (from my tippy toes) into it (to a complete stop) and returned back up, did a few reps like this, then inched back and repeated. I did this a few times. Not enough to kill my abs but enough to feel some fatigue. The plan is to continue to do this until I can do a complete rollout and return back to standing without any assistance.

Then on to Z-Health....

Started with Neutral Standing and Lengthening - no prob.

Next worked the Shoulder routine - not too bad, the shoulder circles felt good, the scapula rolls (camshafts) created some popping sounds, but no pain involved, so ok.

Then it was on to the Neck routine - neck continues to be tight on me from my mishap last(?) week. (Maybe it was the week before even...) First real challenge was the Lateral Glide or Egyptian. My range of motion for this is limited. Same for Full Circles since it hits the same movement. Then the Lateral Tilt & Lateral Glide... the Glide was almost non-existent. On either side. I guess I've found an area to concentrate on! Hahaha And lastly, the Figure Eights, good movement here but this is where the Rice Crispies came in. Lots of Snap, Crackle, Pop here.

So all in all, my day off wasn't too physically demanding, so I should feel strong for tomorrow morning's kettlebell workout, but it also has given me something to focus on with Z-Health. I'll continue to work the neck now as much as possible throughout the day and repeat today's routine again in full on Thursday.

Time to run. Keep swinging!

No comments: