Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday Morning Injury?

Well it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and a typical Monday morning - filled with Kettlebells.

I started today off with the usual warmup of 2SW & Halos using the 8kg, 16kg and 24kg.

Then on to the C&P's, today is the start of Week 3 of ETK Program, so we increased the Monday ladders by another rung. Supersetted with BW Pullups, it looked something like this:

16kg C&P - 1/2/3, 1/2/3, 1/2/3
BW Pullups - 1/2/3, 1/2/3, 1/2/3

Then on to Snatches for 8 minutes:
16kg SN - 10/10
- 10/10
- 10/10
- 5/5/5/5
For a total of 80 snatches, or 2816 lbs in 8 min, or 352 lb/min

Again, against last week, I was able to perform the same number of snatches but shaved off one minute. Improvement.

So here I was done with a successful workout to get my morning started when I decided to stretch a bit. Well at one point I was laying on my back and for some reason had the urge to go into a neck bridge. I guess that sort of thing happens when you're feeling invincible... well my neck wasn't feeling invincible, particularly since this isn't something I ever do. Needless to say, right now turning my head in either direction isn't too pleasant a motion. I think today is going to call for a lot of Alleve and a lot of stretching. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Lauren Brooks said...

So sorry to hear about your neck. Workout looked great though! Feel better.

Kettlebell Lady said...

nice on the snatch time! Hope your neck feels better...drugs good!