Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Slow Moving Tuesday

Was a bit tired this morning and had to will myself out of bed. Maybe the weekend finally caught up with me. Or maybe it was the idea of practicing TGU's that was keeping me down. But I did get up and did go through my morning workout.

Usual warmup of 2SW and Halos with the 8kg and 16kg. Then on to the good stuff...

16kg TGU for 5 minutes

BW Pullups - 5

Ab Wheel - 5, 5, 5 (notched down a rep from last time, but added another set)

OAP - 1/1, 1/1 (these are finally starting look almost like the real thing. and they absolutely teach you about whole body tension, even moreso (I think) than pistols)

Pistols - 8kg 1/1
- 16kg 1/1
I am still very tight in my left shin. I think its actually stemming from my swings. Maybe the kettlebell version of shin splints. Focusing on keeping tension throughout, I was able to work through the tightness, but limited the reps to only one per set. I'll see how this works and feels. Hopefully as my body adapts to these workouts, the shin will strengthen and feel better. So I just need to be smart about it for now.

That's it for today. Time to shower.

No comments: