Thursday, October 11, 2007

It Is $et In Stone

Well last night I finally made the leap and enrolled in my first kettlebell seminar. Although I think I've come along pretty far on my own, I'm sure that having an expert watch me and correct me will only pay off huge. So I signed up for Mike Mahler's seminar here in NYC in April. Hopefully I won't have developed any bad habits that can't be undone before then.

Today was my Variety Day. Was tough getting up this morning as the last two nights my little guy has been waking up between 3am-4am because of a stuffy nose. And then decides he'd like to stay up for a while. But HUGE thanks to my wife for taking the brunt of this. If it weren't for her, I'd have nothing to write about this morning.

I woke up today with my body feeling pretty tired. I think I'm starting to push it a bit more and it's feeling it. But at the same time, I am mentally fired up, so I wanted to play today smart.

Warmed up today with 2SW and Halos using the 8kg, then the 16kg... then the 24kg. I am totally amazed at how well my shoulders feel performing the Halos with the 24kg. I remember when I didn't think I could handle the 16kg. Awesome!

Moved on to the following:

TGU for 5 minutes - 16kg with one pass of half TGU's using the 24kg

16kg Windmills - 3/3, 3/3, 3/3
Tried one rep on each side picking up the 24kg from the floor on the way up.
Whoa, what a difference! I'm not sure if these have their own name. I'll look it up.
BW Pullups - 3, 3 (just trying to keep these greased until Sat's ladders)

8kg Pistols - 1/1, 1/1, 1/1
16kg Pistols - 1/1

My left shin is still feeling tight but is definitely improved from earlier. Hopefully, this trend will continue.

I will be demonstrating Pistols today at work. An informal group has now formed for exercise education. On Tues I brought in the ab wheel for demonstration. Yesterday, I got pulled into the conference room to demonstrate the proper (Naked Warrior) one arm pushup. And now today will be the Pistol. And by the way, my abs are still screaming from Tuesday's ab wheel work.

That's it for the week! Saturday lookout! Hope you are all swinging out there!

2 comments:

Lauren Brooks said...

Looks like a productive workout even with being woken up at 3 am. I can completely relate with you with being woken up. My little one has decided to wake up every day not around 3 and 5 a.m. fo the past week. I am HURTING!

That's great that you signed up for Mike's seminar. You will learn lots of great little tricks to improve your form.

Howie B said...

I am sooooo looking forward to getting some nap time in this weekend, I can't even tell you.