Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Half Over?

I'll tell ya, for someone who works in a corporate environment and has to wake up at 5:30am to squeeze in a workout, this Enter the Kettlebell routine is GREAT, not only physically but mentally as well. Here is it, Wed morning, my work week has only begun and mentally I am already done for the week. I know tomorrow is my Variety Day. But with that, I could totally skip it if I felt like it. The pressure to get in my Clean & Presses and Swings/Snatches for the week is already over. It is a mentally refreshing routine. And because I feel refreshed from it, and now have the week's weight lifted from my shoulders, I'll get up tomorrow morning to do some Variety work and enjoy it. And come Saturday, I'll be rev'd up to hit it Heavy.

Warmup - 8kg & 16kg for some 2SW (2-Hand Swings) and Halos. 24kg for some 2SW.

16kg C&P - 1/2/3, 1/2/3, 1/2/3
BW Pullups - 1/2/3, 1/2/3, 1/2/3

Three ladders today, three rungs each. On Sat, we'll add a fourth rung.

16kg 1SW - 8 minutes (the dice must be feeling bad for me at this point)
20/20
10/10
10/10
10/10
10/10
120 swings in total, for 4,224 lbs, or 528 lbs/min

Side note: My abs are feeling pretty tight and a bit sore today. Not only did I do some ab wheels in yesterday's workout, but I also brought the ab wheel in to work and demonstrated it to a few people (the CEO included). So it's feeling pretty shredded this morning. But a good shredded! I just hope this won't be a case of DOS, otherwise I might be in for trouble...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes! yes! yes! Gotta love ETK! That and Naked Warrior are the only 2 KB books anyone needs :)

My husband did the ETK protocol while stationed in Iraq, I didn't even recognize him when he got off the plane! He looked sooo trim and thin!

Just goes to show that mastering the basics is more important & fruitful than "mastering" variety. :)

Howie B said...

Those two books sit next to me on my bedstand. Never too far away. The one arm pushups continue to improve - without any shoulder issues.

And my wife has already made similar comments about my getting trimmer. Nice thing about it is that (1) I haven't made any changes to my diet (in fact I'm eating constantly) and (2) even as I trim up, I still feel like I'm getting stronger. Two great benefits!

Kettlebell Lady said...

you must go to bed super early.

Howie B said...

Not really KBL, usually packing it up around 10. Then asleep by 10:30, 11:00 the latest on occasion. I don't know, is that super early?