Thursday, October 4, 2007

TGU in the Morning

Today is Variety Day and that means we get started with Turkish Get Ups. I have bad shoulders. Separated both at different points over the past 10 years or so. Have also sprained my neck which has never been the same. I've been in physical therapy several times for all injuries. Up until 2 weeks ago, I was waking up at night due to aching in my shoulder joints - something that happens when I start to neglect my rotator cuffs. Also a first sign of possible trouble. But oh, I do hate doing all of those rubber band exercises!

Well, since I've started this ETK routine and I believe particularly since I've started performing the TGU's, the shoulder joint pain has pretty much vanished!! I love it! That's why even though I could technically blow off Variety Day, I am now even more motivated to get to it.

Warmed up with 8kg, 2SW and Halos. Then 16kg for more Halos. (I remember trying these a while back and thought my shoulders were going to pop out of their sockets when I tried.) Then on to the short, but sweet, workout for the day...

16kg TGU for 5 min

8kg Pistols - 3/3, 3/3
BW Pullups - 3, 3

OAP -1/1, 1/1
Ab Wheels - 6, 6

I notice that the muscle in my upper left shin is VERY tight. It's throwing off my left side pistols. Not sure what exercise might be causing it. Just as I get to rock bottom position it causes a tendency for me to twist by body a bit, not good. I'll have to try to get some good stretching in on it. Not too long ago, I was doing these with the 16kg and 24kg bell, with very good form. This bothers me, I'm going to have to figure out this mystery.

That's it for today. Next workout is on Saturday. I wonder if I'll decide to sleep in tomorrow...

1 comment:

Kettlebell Lady said...

aahhh sleeping in...I remember that..good times