Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rest Week

I decided to take a bit of a break this week. I started getting up early almost 5 weeks ago and have been working out 5 days a week. After this past Saturday's heavy swings session, I could feel my body asking for a bit of a reprieve. I did jump in pretty fast with things so I can't blame it for wanting some rest. I plan to restart the ETK program again on Monday, only I am going to jump back a week from where I left off and then start working my way up again. I realize now that there's no hurry for me to reach any specific destination, that benefits are gained on the journey. So why rush when you can enjoy the ride?

I also went out on a limb this week and decided to find out what all the fuss is about with regard to Z-Health. I ordered the R-Phase dvd and manual. With my problem shoulders and neck, I figure it can only help. And from what I've heard/read, this program apparently works.

So today's workout was a Variety Day consisting of...

Warmup - 8/26/24kg - 2SW & Halos

8kg TGU for 5 minutes (still breaking into parts)

BW Pullups - 5, 5
24kg Cleans - 5/5, 5/5

OAP - 1/1, 1/1
8kg Pistols - 1/1, 1/1

Finished off with some stretching. Upper back/neck tightened up on me again yesterday, still pretty tight this morning. Swing 'em high!

2 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

A break sounds like a great idea after all those workouts. Might want to drop one or both of the variety days, depending on how you feel, to ensure that you can stick with the program. Just a thought.

Have "tons" of fun with the 24!

Howie B said...

Thanks for the advice. Not a bad idea, although I may still want to do my TGU's twice a week. They definitely seem to help keep my shoulders well.

I'll still be jumping between the 16 and 24 for a while mostly until my shoulders feel up to the challenge. But it is all good fun!