Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Snatch, Snatch, Snatch!

Today was all Snatching. And although when I choose to do these, I'm always a little bit scared, today's session went very well.

I have finally started to get that 'bounce' in my Snatch, utilizing more knee flexion and extension at the bottom of the movement. My hand position has improved, although it still has a ways to go. Next Saturday's Steve Cotter certification has come at the PERFECT time. All the work I've put into this since the May AKC cert should allow me to really hone in on making my form even better with Steve's coaching. Next stop after that... AKC Coaches Certification!

Warmed up today with Z-Health R-Phase pelvis, lumbar and thoracic movements along with some 16kg Swings

Snatch: 16kg - 2 minutes (16L/16R)

Snatch: 16kg - 2 minutes (16L/16R)

Snatch: 16kg - 2 minutes (16L/16R)

Cooled down with some stretching. I've developed a bit of a muscle ache in one spot in my lower right back. I think carrying Anthony around all week coupled with the now heavier bell work has brought it out. I'll be trying to use the stretching along with some ice/heat therapy to get it under control. That's it for today. Now it's my first day back to work. I sure hope there isn't any traffic...

3 comments:

hunashaman said...

Good work on the evil snatches Howie. From what I've read Steve will take your technique to the next level. I feel your pain when you mention the traffic - what a pain. Good luck!

Katie, KettlebellKate said...

Hey Howie-that looks live a great vacation. The IKFF will be fantastic. Steve is an excellent teacher and will put you at ease with wherever you are in your training in the sense of you knowing what and how to move efficiently. I admire your determination in sticking with the protocol and your goals.

Howie B said...

Thanks Katie and Johan. Traffic was mean to me yesterday, hopefully I'll get a reprieve today. And yes, I am so looking forward to the IKFF cert next week. I think I've had the right amount of time now working with my new AKC technique to get a lot out of Steve and Ken's instruction.