Friday, July 25, 2008

Vacation Snatch Progression

It was a wet and rainy morning here on the Cape. Setting my kettlebell down on the ground created a nice "splash-back" off the grass. On my first overhead movement, the residual water dripped off the bell onto my face. Good morning!

Getting out in between the rains this morning had me go through a shorter workout than two days ago. Here's what it looked like (don't blink you might miss it)...

1-Arm Clean: 16kg - 2 minutes (16L/16R)

Half Snatch: 16kg - 2 minutes (10L/10R)

Snatch: 16kg - 2 minutes (16L/16R)


Hand position at the top of the Snatch felt much improved today. Although I now feel I need to work on the transition into the drop. I think I am using too much arm and need to incorporate more of a hip turn possibly. Not sure. Right side does feel better than the left. That's it for today. Tomorrow we head home. =(

5 comments:

hunashaman said...

Man this week went past fast. Have a safe trip back tomorrow!

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Hope you made it home safe and sound. :)

Franklin said...

You achieved two solid workouts while on vacation .. not overdoing it yet staying the course. Great focus and sense of balance!

Also I see your Fitness Protocol success has attracted some of the GS heavy hitters to your blog .. its well deserved!

hunashaman said...

Hey Howie. Hope you are home safe and feel well rested after the vacation. Good luck with the week ahead!

Howie B said...

Thanks everyone. Yes, we're home safe and sound. Just in time to find a leaking hot water heater!!