Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Practice

Today was a quick session as we're in the middle of preparing for VACATION!

Warmed up with a few 12kg swings.

Although I am a righty, and start all my sets with my left hand, I have found that my warmup works out better when I start with my right. My right handed swing feels more fluid than my left handed swing. Therefore I feel like getting the rest of my body in the right groove first, helps when I then switch to the left.

Then moved into today's working sets...

1-Arm Bottom Up Clean: 16kg - 2 minutes (14L/14R)

Snatch: 16kg - 2 minutes (15L/15R)

1-Arm Long Cycle Push Press: 16kg - 2 minutes (10L/10R)

I was very happy with how today's session felt. Extremely happy with the Bottom Up Cleans with this being the first session with the heavier bell. (I made sure I put some chalk on my fingers before starting this set.) The Snatches felt pretty good, although I have work to do to get my hands into the proper position at the top of the Snatch, meaning getting the right angle within the handle. And the LC PPresses felt easy. A good sign! =)

No comments: