Sunday, May 4, 2008

32kg Snatch

I finally summoned up the guts to attempt to Snatch this thing. And I am happy to report that I have survived!! [crowd cheers]

Didn't have too much time to spend with the bells today so I wanted to make it count. And I've been itching to start Snatching the 32kg. So here's what it looked like...

(It wasn't pretty, but it was accomplished.)

2-Hand Swing: 24kg - 10

Snatch: 24kg - 5/5

Snatch: 32kg
R-5
L-5
R-5
L-5

R-5
L-5


Push Press: 32kg - R5/L3

I took time in between the Snatch sets of each arm. Definitely a bit wobbly at the time on some of these. It seems like the first one is the toughest, since there isn't as much swing momentum to help get it up. The rest that followed were definitely easier. Felt it in my left forearm after the first pass through. Then re-focused and made sure my form improved, hinging more at the hips, neutral spine - better the second and third time around.

Then thought I'd finish off with a few Push Presses, but the shoulders didn't want to hear it, so I left it as was. Still, these Snatches are a new PR! Yeeee hawwww!!

6 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

32kg snatch is one mile stone!

32kg push press is pretty ugly isn't it? Had that experience.

Franklin said...

Howie, thats incredible progress for your first 32kg snatch, although I'm not really surprised after that video you posted abusing the 24kg.

Great job!

Howie B said...

Thanks guys. And yes, this is certainly a milestone for me.

And yes, the push press is ugly!

Aaron Friday said...

Great job, Howie. It's different, huh?

Gabi said...

Wowowowow,

now that's progress in leaps! :) Congrats!

Howie B said...

Aaron, thanks and yes different. At the top of each rep I kept telling myself, "Don't injure yourself, keep good form." And on every up swing I could feel my abs contracting incredibly. Killer!!

Thanks Gabi. It's good to feel strong again!