Friday, May 30, 2008

TGIF!

Friday is finally here!! Even though this was a short holiday week, it has felt like an eternity. I am so looking forward to the weekend.

Today I worked through once more the "CinciNasty", the Jerk-Snatch-Long Cycle circuit, for 1 minute each arm and only 30 seconds in between movements. Went 2 times through the full circuit.

A few things jumped out at me today as I video taped myself (video to be posted at a later date).

(1) Always get that elbow onto the hip bone when in rack position
(2) Don't look up at the bell when performing Jerks, look forward
(3) Initiate the Jerk off the hip

When these few things come together the Jerk really feels like a coordinated, smooth movement. When they're off, you're essentially Push Pressing the bell.

I'll probably play around with the bells over the weekend but don't plan on any real workouts. Maybe work on the Bottom Up Clean a bit.

That's it for today. Swing 'em high y'all!

No comments: