Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Few Snatches

The Mrs and I decided to take turns outside in the backyard today while the other stayed on top of our little guy.

Here's what I was able to cram in...

2-Hand Swing: 24kg - 15

Snatch: 24kg - 5/5, 10/10, 10/10, 5/5/4/4/3/3

... and then another tear! Again, on my left hand and not the callous but just below it. So this is when I stopped. I guess I need to focus on lower rep sets until I can improve my technique. I was on the last rep of that 3-rep set of the descending ladder. Ugh!!

3 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

hey man, don't despair. my hands are a freaking mess.the price of all this volume.just learn how to tape your hands and it's no biggie.the higher the force loads on the snatch the tougher it is on the skin. same with the grip. the more the work taxes the grip the harder it is on the skin.

Howie B said...

Thanks Rif. Just a bit frustrating since I was feeling pretty good up until that point. I need to carry tape with me at all times just in case.

Franklin said...

Listen to the Master, himself. But to just to reinforce his recommendation, since taping my left hand, I have had NO problems at all with volume 24kg snatching (200/session) .. and your snatch form is better than mine!

I will be testing the Gulf Wax plus no hand taping with 16kg Max VO2 today and 24kg swings later in the week.