Friday, May 30, 2008

The "CinciNasty"

Here's a clip from this morning's workout. I couldn't post the entire workout, since YouTube has a limit on the length of videos one can post. This shows me going through the second circuit of the workout.

I stripped out the 30 seconds of rest I took between movements. And since I taped this inside today, I didn't have much room to position the camera, so it's not the best shot. Also had to rotate the clips as I had to position the camera sideways to tape, so the footage isn't as clear as it would have been if I let you watch it sideways.

Anyway, you'll at least get a sense of the session....


4 comments:

Franklin said...

Great job! I can see you were pretty gassed at the end .. 6 minutes of hard work and only a minute of rest .. very cinci-nasty!

Howie B said...

Thanks Franklin! That was actually my second time through the circuit, so really 12 minutes of hard work with only 2-1/2 minutes sprinkled in between. I'm still trying to focus more on form so I'm thinking of slowing down the pace in the next few sessions to do just that.

I might go up to Level 5 this week giving me more time on each arm while reducing the number a reps per minute to allow me more focus.

Aaron Friday said...

yeah, just snatch like you're cleaning in that video. Neutral head and mostly straight legs.

I tried the bent-leg snatch, which I now call the "hang snatch," and it's exhausting.

Keep the relaxed and efficient, yet mindful approach with minimal knee bend, and you'll exceed your snatch numbers.

Howie B said...

Thanks Aaron. Another good catch. I hadn't noticed the difference between my cleans and snatches until now. Very interesting indeed! I guess it's a good thing I'm only working with the 12kg now, gives me a chance to work on all these little points before going heavy again.