Tuesday, May 27, 2008

CinciNasty

"CinciNasty". This is the name given to the progression through the Jerk, Snatch and Long Cycle (Jerk) by the AKC in their Fitness Protocol.

I ran through the CinciNasty today using the 12kg bell while reducing my rest periods between sets to a mere 30 seconds. 30 seconds is NOT a very long time when you want to catch your breath. I can see that I've been very accommodating to myself in the past when I took as long as I wanted between sets. When you're resting on the clock as well as working on the clock it's a whole other story.

I warmed up with a set of swings. Didn't count them. Then moved on to the CinciNasty...

Jerk

Snatch

Long Cycle (Jerk)

Worked through 1 minute each hand with a 30 sec rest in between. Then repeated the circuit. I may work through another two sessions at this intensity, mixing it up a bit before moving to the next level where I then start to increase the length of my working sets. We'll have to wait and see. That's it for today!

1 comment:

Franklin said...

Considering how strong and fit you already are, its now clear why the lighter bells were chosen to work through the Fitness protocol first without progressing to a heavier bell. Again great work!!