Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Jerk Store Called...

"And said they were running low on YOU!" - classic Seinfeld

Played around this morning with some more Jerks and then sprinkled in a few other odds and ends.

Jerks: 20kg - 5/5 for only first part of movement; 5/5 full movement

1-Arm Long Cycle Clean & Jerk: 20kg @ 3 minutes - 5/5, 5/5, 5 = 25 reps in 3 minutes

Double Overhead Shrugs: 2x12kg - 10

Windmill: 20kg - 3/3

Double Overhead Shrugs: 2x12kg - 10

Ab Wheel - 10 reps from knees

Pistols: 16kg - 3/3

I was getting winded toward the end of my 3 minutes of Jerking. I am still trying to get comfortable with the movement. And there could have been a rep or two in there were I forgot to clean the bell first - I was very focused on the top half of the movement.

Threw in one set of ab wheels - it's been a long time since I've rolled, didn't want to be in ab-shredding pain tomorrow. And Pistols, my old friend, I do these more to demo for people nowadays than I do as part of my workout.

That's it for today. Swing 'em... ahhh, I didn't swing at all today... Jerk 'em high y'all!!

5 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

Don't jerk too much, Howie. You'll go blind.

Franklin said...

Glad to see you moved up to the 20kg. I think you will find the Brett Jones hard-style jerk quite a bit easier than the one taught by Cotter.

Not familiar with OH shrugs and thanks for reminding to get some sessions back in with my power wheel.

Howie B said...

Aaron, better to stick with the snatch? Is that your recommendation??

Franklin, that one set of ab wheels yesterday, after such a long layoff, is killing me!!

Aaron Friday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron Friday said...

Deleted my last post. I meant to say, yes, Howie, Indeed.